Making Weight Loss Simple



I spent my life on diets and really don't think I truly enjoyed any of them. I hate the thought of a diet because it means there's a start and an end - so then what happens? All I ever really wanted was something I could maintain that fit my lifestyle. What I found is a way to "release" weight, not "lose" it - I don't ever want to "find" it again! Our body composition changes with weight loss so it is important to take measurements throughout your journey and not just rely on the scales. I released 3.4kg which didn't seem like much, however, I dropped 2 dress sizes. My body composition completely changed. You need to write down your health goal, know what you want to look and feel like and then set goals for each step of your journey. This is so important so you stay motivated, especially if you have a big goal. I really just wanted to gain more energy, knowing the weight loss would help. I was so glad I took measurements, my actual weight management journey continues - I strive for better health with a balance.

In order to release weight, you must intake less calories than the calories you burn in a day. So yes, you will have to modify your food and/or increase your exercise. Some of you may not be ready for exercise yet and that's okay, you can build up to it. Exercise is an excellent source of burning calories, not to mention numerous other benefits. You will want to choose a combination of cardio as well as weights. Choose something you enjoy - bike riding, running, walking, surfing, basketball, skipping, skiing - for your cardio and mix it up as often as you can. Your body adapts to what you are doing and by changing it up regularly, it will have to keep working different muscles. Weights are really important to keep your muscle mass which keeps your metabolism elevated. Please don't think you're going to bulk up if you do weights - that's another program altogether! When designing your weight loss journey it is important to choose whole foods as opposed to refined or processed foods. The easiest way to remember this is to shop on the outskirts of the supermarket - fresh is best. The frequency of your meals and snacks is also important to keep your metabolism working. Ideally 3 meals and 2 snacks per day ensures you are feeding your body regularly. I'm loving the changes in my body and health and hope you decide that now is the time to make a difference.


For a Limited Time, get 400-600 calorie recipes FREE! Go to http://www.abundancebyallison.weebly.com to get yourself started

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Allison_Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment